When are haz-mat placards required?

Haz-Mat placards are required when:

Generally, any quantity of “Table 1” materials listed in the placarding tables (49 CFR §172.504(e)), and any bulk packages require placarding. “Table 2” non-bulk materials require placards if the aggregate gross weight exceeds 1,000 lbs. There are numerous other exceptions to placarding that may affect the requirement.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need operating authority?
2. Do I need to display a USDOT number?
3. How do I obtain a USDOT number?
4. Are there any exceptions to needing a USDOT number?
5. Are there any exceptions to obtaining a USDOT number for intrastate commerce (wholly within Kansas)?
6. Does the Kansas Department of Transportation (KDOT) issue KDOT numbers for intrastate commerce?
7. What is Unified Carrier Registration (UCR)?
8. What the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA)?
9. What is apportioned registration?
10. When is Kansas commercial vehicle registration (license plate) required?
11. If my vehicle(s) require apportioned registration or the Kansas commercial vehicle registration, does that also mean it requires a USDOT number?
12. When are haz-mat placards required?