Kansas Highway Patrol Law Enforcement Officer Employment Disqualifiers
Please review each statement. If you answer yes to any of these statements, you will be automatically disqualified from the application process.
*Self-reporting of automatic disqualifiers during the Polygraph Examination shall be cause for disqualification and the applicant will not proceed in the hiring process. Other areas of concern listed in Section 2 will be cause for further investigation during the Background Investigation.
- Less than 21 years of age, at the time recruits report to the Training Academy.
- Not a U.S. citizen.
- No high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Have any offensive tattoo or scarification or brand regardless of location on the body.
- Have any tattoo, scarification or brand that would be visible when wearing an Agency provided Class B (long sleeved) uniform or required work attire.
- Any such marking(s) on the head, face, neck or hands.
- Convicted or expungement for/of any crime punishable by imprisonment in a federal or state prison whether committed as a juvenile or adult.
- Any felony conviction or expungement thereof whether committed as a juvenile or adult.
- Sale, distribution manufacture, or participation in sale or distribution of any controlled substance or illegal drugs beyond what could be considered youthful indiscretion. i.e; high school, college, etc.
- Arrest or conviction for Impersonation of a peace officer, police officer, law enforcement official, or other government official.
- Any sexual act which constitutes incest, indecent liberties, or child molestation.
- Any act that can be construed as a sexual act involving animals.
- Any act involving any participation in any criminal enterprise or organized crime activity, which seeks to further murder, arson, robbery, burglary, theft, kidnapping, aggravated assault, forgery, gambling, prostitution, promotion of prostitution, distribution of illegal arms, sale or distribution of drugs, or promotion or sale of obscene materials. (Organized Crime).
- After the age of 18, any act involving the making, viewing, possessing, marketing, or distributing of child pornography in any form.
- Any act of forcing any person by threat or physical force to commit an act of prostitution (i.e. pimp) or any act of Human Trafficking.
- Any misdemeanor conviction for or expungement of domestic violence or an arrest pattern of related offences.
- Driver's license not valid; currently suspended or revoked.
- Any act involving bribing or attempting to bribe any government official or employee.
- Dishonorable discharge from US Armed Forces.
- Ever attempted suicide.
- Ever been, or are now, a member of any group which advocates the illegal denial of civil rights to any person or group. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>